Mar 08 2013
I have spent a bit of time in New Zealand over the last few years, met a lot of really interesting people and frequently get asked about conducting a Dialogue Mapping training workshop over there. I’m really happy to announce that this is finally going to happen in Auckland on May 30th. It should be a really interesting session with a mix of SharePoint people, community development practitioners and organisation development consultants.
Just to be clear, this is not a SharePoint class. I am teaching the techniques of Issue Mapping, the core technique that enables you to become a great Dialogue Mapper. The class is very activity driven and helps you acquire a hugely valuable life skill that not only equips you with a great technique for tasks like business analysis and requirements elicitation, but also allows you to get involved with more complex problem solving scenarios like strategic planning. If you enjoyed my book, the Heretics Guide to Best Practices, this course teaches you the same techniques outline there.
The workshop will be held at the following venue:
Quality Hotel Parnell
20 Gladstone Rd
Parnell, Parnell 1052
Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM – Friday, May 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM (NZST)
If you would like to see and hear more about Dialogue Mapping, then take a look at these two video’s hot off the press by workshopbank.com. In the first video I speak about Dialogue mapping in general and the second is a very apt demonstration of the approach given that the next class is in New Zealand
Thanks for reading
- Confessions of a (post) SharePoint architect: Black belt platitude kung-fu (0.443)
- Introduction to Dialogue Mapping class in Melbourne June 13-14 (0.435)
- More SharePoint Governance, Information Architecture and *Sensemaking* Classes Planned (0.409)
- Australian SharePoint Conference Community Challenge–How we did it. (0.409)
- Seattle is go! SharePoint Governance and Information Architecture class (0.409)